This is a lovely small antique 19th century apothecary engraved medicine glass beaker housed in a Boxwood case.The cylindrical Boxwood case has a stamp to the screw top lid 'Gilbertson & Son London. Inside is an undamaged clear glass medicine measuring beaker which is engraved for 1 table, 1 dessert and 1 teaspoon.
The Boxwood case measures 6cm h x 5cm w
Gilbertson and sons were ' smelling bottle makers, dealers in druggists sundries, medical glass and earthenware, court plaisters, lint, medical chests etc;' and operated out of Old Bailey Street and St Andrews street in London in the mid to late 1800s. The company was dissolved in 1889 and the business was sold on.